[Tagging] RFC: remove alphanumeric code visible in infoboxes at OSM Wiki linking to Wikidata

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Jan 19 14:31:51 UTC 2021

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 13:44, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging
<tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Jan 19, 2021, 14:17 by andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk:
>
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 08:35, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging
> <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/remove_link_to_Wikidata_from_infoboxes

> After a cursory reading, I've already removed one false claim. It's
> false for reasons that have been explained to you previously.
>
> Why it would be false?

As I said, for reasons that have been explained to you previously.
Given that you have a history of claiming that those explanations were
not given, even though you commented on them, and subsequently
criticised them, I'm not going to respond to game playing where you
again pretend otherwise.

> I reverted your edit and added clarification and fixed typo.

Your claim that "no information will be lost" has again been removed,
for the falsehood that it is.

!

>>> Preemptive explanation:
>>>
>>> It has no impact on wikidata=*
>>> It has no impact on data items, including P12 property.
>>> It will be still possible to add and use Wikidata links stored in data items
>>> It has no impact on anything mapped

>> And these are straw men arguments.
>
> Nothing quoted here is an argument

 Your *arguement* is, for example, that the proposed change "has no
impact on wikidata=*". That argument is a straw man, as are the rest
of the arguments in that section.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing