[Tagging] cycleway:lane=advisory

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Tue Jan 19 14:44:07 UTC 2021

Right, and this tagging solves this problem:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:cycleway:lane

"Real" cycle lanes:

   cycleway=lane
   cycleway:lane=exclusive

"Advisory"/suggestion/unsafe/purely cosmetic/dashed/...:

    cycleway=lane
    cycleway:lane=advisory

I mentioned a (string of) forum discussions that led to this tagging
suggestion. Here is the last forum discussion:
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=61427

In it, you will also find the reasons why cycleway=soft_lane was ruled out.

Tobias