[Tagging] RFC: remove alphanumeric code visible in infoboxes at OSM Wiki linking to Wikidata

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:23:52 UTC 2021

> you consider so false that you are keep removing it from text from
> my proposal after I requested you to stop doing this?

If this is happening, that's really uncool.  I frequently comment on
proposal talk pages and occasionally I will make edits to the proposal
pages themselves when I think it is helpful to the proposal author.
However, when I edit the proposal page itself, I fully accept and
understand that the proposal author may decide to reject or modify those
changes as they see fit.  After all, it's their proposal and thus their
responsibility to synthesize the various feedback into something that will
hopefully represent community consensus.  Ultimately it's the author's call
as to what gets voted on, and if community members think what is being
proposed is wrong or incorrect after reasonably raising the issue, the
appropriate response is a "no" vote, with rationale, and definitely NOT an
edit war with the author on the proposal page itself.