[Tagging] RFC: remove alphanumeric code visible in infoboxes at OSM Wiki linking to Wikidata

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jan 20 23:51:29 UTC 2021

21 Jan 2021, 00:34 by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 at 21:48, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>

>> For example I tried creating
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_a_page_describing_key_or_value
>> as Wiki would really benefit from more people researching and documenting some popular
>> widely used tags (though in some cases rather revert of undiscussed import is needed)
>>

> Thank you for that.
>
> One problem though, is that while it talks about what you need to have on the page, there's no mention of a template or similar to complete to say what goes where?
>
> We've got instructions for a Proposal > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process#Creating_a_proposal_page>  which has had a lot of work done over the last week or two - thanks everybody! - but is there anything similar for a simple "key / tag / value" page?

Good point, it was buried, untitled and not finished. I moved it up and partially fixed
other issues.

I described my method for now - copy existing page and edit things.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_a_page_describing_key_or_value#Page_creation

But if magic box like on proposal page works well then I can try setup something like that
for key/tag pages (or someone else, I would need to figure out how this magic box is setup).