[Tagging] "Caution" on military pages

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:07:09 UTC 2021

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 05:46, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I also would downgrade it to blue "i"

I must admit to liking the yellow "Caution", but the "i" works.

I also added both
> "OSMF generally cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or
> indemnification."
> from ToU

I don't think we need that bit included? We're telling people it "could" be
an issue, so make sure you know that what you're doing is OK, together with
a link to the page. I don't think we need to add anything further about
legals?

and
> "mapping military installations is welcomed in OpenStreetMap"
> to make clear that one may map, it is not forbidden but you are on your
> own
> as far as legal responsibility goes (and other consequences)

That's nicely worded, thanks.

But you also changed the wording to: " You are *legally* responsible for
your own actions''

with the comment *(fix quote, if we are quoting it in "", then it should be
an exact quote)*

Sorry, but that's not an exact quote!

The ToU says:
*"You are responsible for your own actions:* You are legally responsible
for your edits and contributions etc"

I've reverted that one word.

Thanks

Graeme