[Tagging] List of obviously needed improvements to OSM Wiki

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:53:17 UTC 2021

It's interesting to note how easily the same scene is interpreted in
different ways . There is a lot of cultural baggage involved of which we
are not aware, individually.
Anyway, I tried in a different context, to get the Mapillary-to-Wikimedia
transfer working, but got rejected in the authentication part.
The other thing with "your" photo, apart from the cycle-way or cycle-lane
issue would be that, at least in my local context, most cycle lanes are
one-way, one of each side of the carriageway. Most two-way cycling
infrastructures would be separated from the carriageway for motorized
traffic. That's most likely also why I saw in "your" photo a separate
(two-way) cycleway, separated from the main carriageway by a parking strip
with signed places for parked cars and an additional anti-dooring distance
strip, i.e. much more "separation" from the carrigaway than most of the
separate cycleways back here, which are in many cases only separated from
the carriageway by the level difference of a curb with a step of less than
15 cm.

Volker

Virus-free.
<#m_-3887345171890081004_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>