[Tagging] Street furniture tagging

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat Jan 23 11:38:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

I was asking some time ago about tagging some specific objects I
encountered in my city in recent years, but no propositions were given.
Now I have my own proposition for tagging them.

This one is for cyclist to rest without getting off the bicycle while
waiting for a green light:

https://bo.um.warszawa.pl/uploads/archive/images/1516959394_foto_4412_3229.jpg

This one is also for resting, but for the pedestrians, some of them are
also for waiting for a green light, but some are located in some other
places, like here:

https://pliki.propertydesign.pl/i/11/49/84/114984_r0_1140.jpg

My tagging propositions are:

- street_furniture=cyclist_rest

- street_furniture=pedestrian_rest

What do you think about it?

I think this might be useful for many other types of street furniture
and while it can be said that pedestrian rest is in fact a bench, I
think it is basically different, as one can't sit on them.

Some additional links that might help:

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_furniture

- https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/street_furniture

--
"Holy mother forking shirt balls!" [E. Shellstrop]