[Tagging] Pedestrian access tagging

Lindsay newsspeak11 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 15:00:24 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonewolf at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I would not include trunks as runnable roads. Can you please give an
>> example where "it is just fine to run along the shoulders of trunk
>> roads"?
>

> Sure.
>
> This is a road tagged highway=trunk I personally ran along a week ago:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/604426860
>
> Here's a photo of what it looks like:
>
> https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=41.476725088471085&lng=-71.46051362163524&z=17&pKey=HvSsAR0kHaiH4ILu-FCgZA&focus=photo
>
> There is a nice wide shoulder there, and it is no problem to run along it
> even with traffic going by at 80kph.

This is an interesting example as I would NOT feel comfortable
walking/running along this type of road. I also live in the US, but I would
prefer to use a different route, if possible.

I suppose I consider foot=yes roads to have sidewalks, desire paths, or
roads with low traffic volume. However, I do live in an urban area where
these features are ubiquitous.