[Tagging] Pedestrian access tagging

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 23:06:11 UTC 2021

The wiki definition for highway=motorway says that foot=no (and others) are
implied.  So, I would think strictly speaking for data consumers, it is
more important to tag =yes where it is expressly permitted.  Though of
course there is no harm in also tagging foot=no where it is expressly
prohibited.  Certainly I will now be including highway=motorway + foot=yes
to my inclusion filters as there seems to be a clear case that such
examples exist!