[Tagging] RFC: remove alphanumeric code visible in infoboxes at OSM Wiki linking to Wikidata

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jan 26 12:02:08 UTC 2021

Jan 20, 2021, 20:02 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 20 Jan 2021, at 12:48, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>>
>> You are right, I even added
>> "There are some potential uses for linking between Wikidata items and OSM tags,
>> but displaying them in infoboxes does not appear to be an useful one."
>> to the proposal text.
>>

> if they are useful we should also show them, because when they are hidden quality will be worse, due to much fewer views
>
> A human readable label is needed.

Infobox is for showing the most important info about tag,
not debug overwiev of data items.

Some data items have regexp of expected value format,
some people were planning to create presets directly within
data items.

Potential usefulness of that does not mean that infobox
at key/value pages is obligated to display all of that.