[Tagging] consider website=www.openstreetmap.org to be OK

Hauke Stieler mail at hauke-stieler.de
Tue Jan 26 17:10:51 UTC 2021

Hi,

I encountered websites, that *only* worked using either http or https. Meaning
I encountered websites that were unreachable using https and I also had some
that were unreachable using http.

One example is https://kletterschuhwerk.de which doesn't work, but http://
kletterschuhwerk.de does.

Same with "www." in front of the domain: https://inf.uni-hamburg.de doesn't
work but https://www.inf.uni-hamburg.de does.

I think it's pretty important to specify the scheme and full domain even if it
doesn't matter as in the "openstreetmap.org" case where every combination
works. So I wouldn't change the current wiki page.

Hauke

Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2021, 07:54:23 CET schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via
Tagging: