[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - boundary=forest(_compartment) relations

David Marchal penegal.fr at protonmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:27:12 UTC 2021

Hello, there.

The below proposal (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/boundary%3Dforestry(_compartment)_relations), about forest boundaries/compartments, has been deeply edited following comment from reviewers, especially Jeisenbe and Zelonewolf. As it has known substantial modifications, especially regarding its international use and border cases, I hereby request additional reviews of it before vote.

Important notice: I, as the designer of this proposal, am a professional forest manager, and designed the proposal along professional forestry notions, which are more detailed and, sometimes, slightly different of what general audience expects. Explaining these notions in a clear and unambiguous way made the proposal quite long and verbose. Thus, reviewers are invited to pay particular attention to
1. the understandability and unambiguousness, for general audience, of the notions the proposal relies upon, and
2. the overall coherence between the exposed notions and the OSM customs and practices.

Reviews and comments are to be made on the discussion page of the proposal, https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/boundary%3Dforestry(_compartment)_relations to keep them in a single place.

Awaiting your comments,

Regards
--
Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.