[Tagging] How to map short hiking/foot routes with limited physical markings

Martin Søndergaard sondergaard246 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:58:35 UTC 2021

> So, incomplete, not consistent, unclear and you're not sure. I have to
> ask: why map it at all?
>
> Is it even one route, does it have a name?

In this case I am talking about routes created either by the municipality
or even by the Danish Agency of Nature (Naturstyrelsen) as one of their
official routes. They have names and everything, but they have a mix of
maps and guideposts. The route in my example goes partly through the
village and it is these parts that are not marked by physical markers
(except for on maps at specific locations).

Another one I am trying to map is a route called Dyrehøjsporet
<https://spor.dk/dyrehoj>. It is part of a national collection of hiking
routes. If this doesn't qualify as a proper "route" then I don't know what
does. But the approach from town (from point 1 to point 2 in the link) is
still not marked by guideposts, but only visible in maps (either online or
somewhere on location).