[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:traffic calming=mini bumps

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:52:55 UTC 2021

The new tag value is not much better than the previous one. We use bump as
a linear feature, hence mini-bumps is a group of smaller bumps but still
across the road. What are they called in those countries where they are
used? From those terms we can perhaps derive a meaningful English term.
We do have here something like a road-wide rumbling strip across the road
to remind drivers to slow down. That could be described as mini-bumps.  But
the nipples that the sample photos show are more nasty as the usual bumps,
and they are really dangerous to bicycles and motor cycles.