[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Rejected - Reworking leisure=bathing_place

Gruebel gruebel2020 at online.de
Wed Jul 7 14:04:35 UTC 2021

Yes I agree with you that it makes no sense to map every place where you
could bathe. This was not the purpose behind the proposal. The point is
to mark places that have become informal bathing places in the area.
There is no sign here. But if you are outside on a nice day you will
most likely find someone bathing there. If such a place is used almost
every day (in the summer), it leaves traces. So if you want to check
such a place, when you get there on a nice day, you will see people
bathing there and probably see trails and other traces. If the water is
used for other things on the side, this is not a problem. The important
thing is that the place is perceived as a bathing place by the local
population. Even if this is not official.

Since there is no sign, the informel subtag is used. It describes
exactly that. A place or path that is not official but has emerged as
such. Paths through the forest that are marked with informel=yes also
have no signs and are usually not marked on official maps. After your
argumentation they would be also not be verifiable. But if I am on the
spot I can confirm the path as such. The same would happen with informal
bathing places.

I have the feeling that I have explained this very badly in the proposal
and many think I want to map every beautiful potential bathing place. Is
this correct?

In this Google Image:
https://www.google.de/maps/@46.8471591,7.3364987,3a,75y,121.54h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipMBfFKJ12aGmSkoafV_AZuuYVpaFIVJTshfG9ou!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMBfFKJ12aGmSkoafV_AZuuYVpaFIVJTshfG9ou%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya329.90637-ro-0-fo100!7i11264!8i5632
. It is exactly such an informal bathing place that I would like to map.
Since the picture was taken very early in the day there are
unfortunately no people present. But you can see traces of the people
who use the place as an informal bathing place. You can see paths and
several fireplaces. At noon there are almost always several people
bathing there. Nevertheless, no sign is present and the place is not
official.

Unfortunately, I had adjusted something in my mails, therefore I can not
answer the other question directly, so I do this here now. The question was:
I'll ask the same question that I asked previously - when you say
"bathing place", are you talking about places where you bath (wash
yourself), or bathe (swim)?

Places meant by the proposal go from bigger lakes to smaller rivers
(https://www.google.de/maps/@46.8471591,7.3364987,3a,75y,121.54h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipMBfFKJ12aGmSkoafV_AZuuYVpaFIVJTshfG9ou!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMBfFKJ12aGmSkoafV_AZuuYVpaFIVJTshfG9ou%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya329.90637-ro-0-fo100!7i11264!8i5632).
Swimming is not possible in such small rivers. However, you can still
relax and spend time in the water. That's why I added the sport=swimming
subtag. When this is added it is clear that you can swim in the water.
You can theoretically wash in all water sources that are used for
swimming. But this proposal is not about places where you can wash yourself.

Best,
Gruebel