[Tagging] highway=cycleway vs highway=residential/service/etc.

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 17:36:51 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 11:26 AM Dave F via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Is it still accessible to construction traffic?

I believe so, not sure what construction is taking place at the moment.  I
think the stadium is done.

> If emergency vehicles can still access it, tag it with emergency=yes
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:emergency#As_an_access_tag

Ok

> I'd also map the rock barriers if they're still there.

I think the bollards have been mapped, perhaps not in the exact correct
location.

> Are all the bicycle racks still in place?

The ones in the pedestrian lanes? I don't know, I haven't been on campus
for some time.  I was reviewing some changesets from another user because I
think they are copying from another map (they don't cite sources that can
back up their changes (maxspeed based only on overhead imagery), and they
are making so many changes it is unlikely they were all surveyed), and I
came across this change (highway=residential => highway=cycleway).

Mike