[Tagging] Planning route in the shade during hikes either in urban areas or forests

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:05:50 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 14 Jul 2021, at 08:05, bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> However, if we allowed for a little slack towards
> subjectivity, I'd prefer benches that are not located at a noisy
> place, having a certain level of noise insulation from nearby busy
> roads by distance, foliage or otherwise.

actually for most people, the volume of the noise is less important to determine the disturbance, it is the kind of noise and whether it is constant or changing. For example a waterfall or the sea make lots of noise, but it is generally more pleasing than music they don’t like, or someone blowing foliage or traffic maybe even with a lot of honking, or a burglar alarm. While there is some subjectivity to this, it is still somehow generalizable and also confirmed by research.

Cheers Martin