[Tagging] Tagging for Foraging

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jul 28 22:07:35 UTC 2021

Jul 28, 2021, 21:49 by jdcarls2 at gmail.com:

> foragers in particular want to know: "will anyone care if I harvest this?" I thought it might be useful to have a tag, either `harvest:access=*` or `access:harvest=*` for this purpose. Is one preferable to the other?

(...)

> But perhaps that's taking things too far. I'd love to hear other thoughts on this topic, especially the access portion.

I would focus on a single thing: accessibility, rather than trying to do everything at once.
That is the best way to run tagging proposal into a ground (and have diverse opposition,
every person opposing a different part).

For start: access tags are defined to be about legal situation.

"will anyone care" is a bit different especially for abandoned orchards etc and I have no
idea how to handle it well. But having clearly specified legal access would be nice.
And maybe tags whether tree/orchard is abandoned?

Some people at least would be interested in finding clearly legal ones.

harvest:access vs access:harvest: I have no preferences.