[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Key:foraging

Joshua Carlson jdcarls2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 02:37:04 UTC 2021

A repeat of my last RFC (key:harvesting), but a new key this time:
"foraging".

The feedback on "harvesting" was pretty consistent in foraging as
distinct from harvesting. Attempting to handle both with a single key
was a bad idea. This proposal is very similar, but hopefully avoids the
semantic issues of "harvesting" by being more focused.

Foraging is collecting some portion of a plant for food/medicine/etc.
where that collection is not the "purpose" of the plant, whether because
it is a "wild" plant or it is cultivated merely for
landscaping/shade/etc. It's an activity that has its own restrictions in
some places, and I would like to be able to tag features with that
information.

Full details are at the wiki page; please comment on the discussion page
there. Thanks, all.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/key:foraging