[Tagging] issue tag|trailblazed + tag|osmc:symbol / tag|wiki:symbol

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 10:49:42 UTC 2021

" Tag trailblazed=* on paths or tracks which are only visible because of
poles, cairns or other markings.If only part of the way is trailblazed for
visibility, only tag the relevant sections."

This tagging instruction is clear enough, but the description " Markings on
outdoor paths and trails by signs, markers, poles, cairns or in another way. "
does not reflect that. I think the description should be changed.

Remarks

* If a route is not waymarked, it should not be in OSM (with a few special
exceptions). So you do not need trailblazed=* on a route. Just symbol
and/or osmc:symbol.

* Some ways can only be seen through some kind of markings. Mostly these
markings are not symbols, but poles or cairns. The traiblazed=* tag
addresses that.

Peter Elderson