[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Survey Markers

Kyle Hensel K.y.l.e at outlook.co.nz
Fri Jun 4 05:07:22 UTC 2021

Hi Graeme,

I’m not too sure about the mapping of destroyed features in OSM...
Michael just raised a similar point: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2021-June/061689.html

My understanding is that OSM shouldn’t be used to map historical, non-existent things according to:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_practice#Don't%20map%20historic%20events%20and%20historic%20features

Similar to how you shouldn’t map abandoned railways if there is absolutely no trace of them left.
But there seem to be exceptions to this, so I think someone else needs to answer this question.