[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Giant furniture

Francesco Ansanelli francians at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 05:25:26 UTC 2021

Hello,

just a reminder for anybody haven't vote my proposal yet.
I see many late suggestions of different approaches, IMHO, all inapplicable
by following the wiki...
A fast recap:
- tourism=attraction + attraction=* is an invalid combination;
- attraction=* is a main tag for theme parks;
- tourism=viewpoint, the wiki page says:
This tag identifies a good view. Interesting objects or buildings
themselves should rather be tagged with an appropriate value of tourism
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tourism>=*.
So I will never do a subtag for viewpoint for the object itself.
- tourism=artwork, can you climb on artwork?
- advertising, if applicable can be tagged separately.
- new tag will be ignored? I don't map for the render, if there will be
hundreds of objects data consumers will implement it. Or every new proposal
would be blocked with this excuse!

Thanks for reading
Francesco