[Tagging] barrier=kerb + kerb=lowered

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Mon Jun 7 02:50:54 UTC 2021

What do folks here think of the barrier=kerb + kerb=lowered combo? I've
started seeing it a lot with mappers micromapping crosswalks.

Offhand, it seems like textbook troll tagging to me, negating a tag with
its own subtag. If the kerb has been lowered so that the footway is
level with roadway, then not only is there no kerb but there's no
barrier at all. Exactly the opposite.

Currently the wiki doesn't indicate that kerb=lowered and other kerb=*
values are intended to be subtags of barrier=kerb. But it doesn't say
they shouldn't be, either.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dkerb
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:kerb

Thanks for your thoughts, Jason