[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Check dam

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jun 7 15:45:08 UTC 2021

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Check_dam_on_Miya_River_(Jinzu_River).jpg
for me it looks like waterway=weir

"Solid check dams usually have water flowing over only a small part of their width and
are designed to handle sudden increases in water flow."

Are you sure that thing depicted on image is not also a weir?
And "designed to handle sudden increases in water flow." is applicable to
any sanely constructed waterway engineering.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Culverts_under_yass_river_walkway_weir.JPG
on Wikipedia weir page.

Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grial%C3%ABces_cuecenes.jpg with description
"During periods of high river flow, this nineteenth century weir of porphyry stone on
a creek in the Alps would have significantly more water flowing over it."

Jun 7, 2021, 17:33 by enno.hermann at gmail.com: