[Tagging] sport without pitch but club : ok or tagging mistake ?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 07:42:01 UTC 2021

On 28/6/21 6:22 pm, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> Am Mo., 28. Juni 2021 um 09:36 Uhr schrieb Robin Burek
> <robin.burek at gmx.de <mailto:robin.burek at gmx.de>>:
>
>     I see it more like you do:
>     If I have a club=sport, then I should also be able to define the
>     sport(s) of this club via sport=*.
>     I don't see any contradiction with the wiki definition, as it is
>     directly linked to club=sport.
>

> While I do see the contradiction in the key:sport definition, I
> believe we could change it to "related to this sport" instead of
> "where the sport is practised".

1) That wording excludes where a sport is played! It is 'only' for
practice.
2) the wording is 'where' implying a physical location. The tag is an
attribute of a feature and as such has no physical location it self.

Oxford Dictionary defines sport as "an activity involving physical
exertion and skill in which an individual or a team competes against
another or others for entertainment".

Similar wording of the sport skiing excludes the actual sport.... only
for 'practice' not the actual sport...

As I see it the key sport is used for;

sports - the actual sport

sport practice

recreation

exercise (eg see actually tagged 'fitness' places)