[Tagging] direction vs traffic_signals:direction

Tod Fitch tod at fitchfamily.org
Mon Mar 1 12:09:04 UTC 2021

Yes, traffic_signal:direction existed and was in widespread use. The wiki said that routers should use the distance to the nearest intersection to determine the direction for stop and give way.

Adding a direction tag to stop and give way was discussed here and the “direction” tag approved on this list despite it not matching the syntax of the existing traffic signal tagging and also despite existing use of “direction” for the way a cave or mine entrance was facing.

So blame it on the tagging list.

--
Sent from my phone, please forgive my brevity.