[Tagging] Proposal - RFC - Lifeguard

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 01:37:31 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 at 09:56, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> is there anything wrong or problematic with them
> that is not fixable by documenting how this tags are used?

Why keep 5 tags describing essentially the same feature when 1 or 2 would
do?

emergency=water_rescue_station and
> emergency=lifeguard_tower serve similar purpose but are not
> the same feature.

In what way do you consider that they're different?

BTW, it is unclear to me what you propose as replacement for
> emergency=water_rescue_station

It would depend on the size of the facility. Smaller WRS would become a
lifeguard_tower, while bigger stations would be a base / rescue_station

Thanks

Graeme