[Tagging] Deprecation - waterway=riverbank vs water=river

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Mar 6 07:00:53 UTC 2021

5 Mar 2021, 23:26 by tomasstraupis at gmail.com:

> 2021-03-06, št, 00:12 Andy Townsend rašė:
>
>> Despite what that personal wiki page says, most of the recent edits at
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/ZeLonewolf/history#map=2/35.9/-4.7
>> are in the US and to a lesser extent Canada.
>>

> It is not only Brian (ZeLonewolf) alone doing the change. He
> organised some "covert" operation, organised OTHER people (at least
> some of them - new mappers who did not actually understood what they
> were doing) to go and perform semi-automated damage of tagging.

People are allowed to organiseon local forums. Are you sure thatthis edits are done without consultationwith local communities?
>  doing covert
> undiscussed unwanted damaging data operation on a massive scale.

Have you made changeset commentsabout damaging data?

Or send email to DWG if that was ignored?

If someone is making automated editswithout discussion
then please write to DWG.
Or is it wild guessing and public complainingwithout attempt to actually resolve problem?

Personally, I consider this tag changesof minimal if any use - but if peoplein some area agreed to it they obviously canmass replace one tagging scheme withan equivalent one.

Also when you dislike this alternative tagging scheme.
(Also, I think that if someone is improving
geometry or improving something else
they can also change tagging to equivalent -
also when actual improvements were
motivated by ability to make that taggingchange)