[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:00:10 UTC 2021

Am Mo., 8. März 2021 um 14:47 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org>:

> In this specific case it was clearly highway=track as it was
>
> - used by vehicles solely and only for logging forest (and by tourists as
> annoying connecting segment)

not accurate according to your description below (access to sawmill)

- was not paved, though with decent amount of gravel

no relevance

> - large enough to qualify for lanes=2 (though I would not bother with
> tagging that),
> large logging machinery could comfortably pass each other
>
> It was one of main roads leading to sawmill/wood processing factory
> located directly in mountains.

sounds more like a service, as the purpose is not logging but accessing the
sawmill.

Cheers,
Martin