[Tagging] Help me tag, pls!

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 20:32:30 UTC 2021

We had a similar discussion in Nov 2018. In Indonesia these sort of
archways often have the name of the neighborhood:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-November/040928.html

Apparently in Argentina they map these as "artwork":

"In Argentina we discussed this a few years ago and decided to use artwork
together with artwork_type = city_entrance"

But some others did not like that idea.

I suggested "Man_made=entrance_arch"

Another mapper says they used "man_made=gantry"

It was also mentioned that one should add "maxheight=" to the way which
goes under it.

-- Joseph Eisenberg

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 8:09 AM Tamas Rell <tamasrell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How would you tag this:
> https://goo.gl/maps/XeT3dUxnLkZD1NMG6
>
> That's a gate(?) at the entrance of a shopping/pedestrian area. Searched
the wiki, but I can't find any proper tag.