[Tagging] Initial discussion - Military Cadets

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Fri Mar 12 07:17:28 UTC 2021

Yeah, Graeme, it looks like we crossed posts with each other across the Pacific or Equator or something.  Thanks for your clarification, it adds focus to what I said before.

In the USA, we have both college / university programs for this ("ROTC" or Reserve Officer Training Corps), and secondary / high school programs (sometimes down to the middle school level) that feed into the military called JROTC (the J for Junior).

Some countries will have this, some won't, but again, something broad enough for everybody that is well-designed initially can certainly be done (without wildly tacked-on ad hoc appendages to accommodate corner cases).  Accommodating corner cases is best done "up front" during the early design phase, is all I'm saying.  Where that's possible, it's good tagging design.