[Tagging] [Tagging ] How to tag a paleochannel of a river

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 09:57:10 UTC 2021

Dutch polders are extensive hydrological systems, designed to maintain constant water levels under all circumstances (mainly by pumping out the water, hence the vast amount of water mills still present in Nederland as heritage). The land in the polders is used for housing (including major cities), military, industry, airports, forestry, leisure, tourism, even though the original and still the main use is agricultural. So landuse=polder may not be ideal. I think it's more like a man_made feature. Or water level based boundaries.

Peter Elderson