[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Find A Grave cemetery and grave IDs

Seth Price sprice623 at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 22:57:08 UTC 2021

From the page: “It [must contain] at least one valid sitelink to a page on Wikipedia, Wikivoyage, Wikisource, Wikiquote, Wikinews, Wikibooks, Wikidata, Wikispecies, Wikiversity, or Wikimedia Commons.”So, it boils down to one of the original concerns: WP’s notability policy itself.  Find A Grave has no such policy, and in fact has no problem with adding, say, the burial location of your pet catfish if you so please.  If this wasn’t a problem, I’d actually go with Wikidata as it’s already established in OSM.Also, please excuse my reply being on top; I'm responding from mobile at the moment and have no idea how to change it.—Seth Price
Mar 13, 2021, 09:07 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:sent from a phoneOn 12 Mar 2021, at 11:00, Marc_marc <marc_marc at mailo.com> wrote:and expect the justified remark that it's not necessary to put the refsof all the bases in the world, wikidata can perfectly serve as a uniqueidentifier to link all the basescould be an option. Not sure thousands or millions of individual graves are sufficiently relevant for wikidata to justify entering there (wikidata has different criteria for inclusion than OpenStreetMap)https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Notability if someone is interested(have not checked whatever grave would pass it, not sure how it is implemented in practice)