[Tagging] Tanning Salons

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Mar 14 19:53:07 UTC 2021

On Mar 14, 2021, at 11:17 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> - tanning salons are not beauty parlours (shop=beauty)

I often agree with Simon, though here we part company:  our shop=beauty wiki explicitly includes tanning salons.  And they certainly aren't something like a medical facility (dialysis clinic, outpatient surgery center...), as the sole purpose is vanity / beauty.  So, shop=beauty is rather precisely correct, unless I'm mistaken about the whole point of these places.

While Joseph might think these deserve a high-level tag of their own (rather than be sub-tagged as beauty=tanning), I might agree with him should he posit a persuasive / appropriate-sounding key, but I haven't seen one (yet).  And "leisure" ain't it.