[Tagging] webpage=*

mail at marcos-martinez.net mail at marcos-martinez.net
Thu Mar 18 17:47:18 UTC 2021

This topic perfectly reflects one of the weak points OMS: Data
consistency. Coming up with new tags is perfectly fine if you try to
reflect reality in a way we couldn't before. Just starting to use a new
tag that very easily can get confused with an existing one implies a
high risk of getting "corrected".  Situation nowadays is: The standard
to indicate a POI reference on the internet where people can consult
further information is "Webpage", no discussion about that. People,
myself included, haven't thought about the definition of what a webpage
vs website is.

- Someone thinks this is not the right terminology?

Let's discuss it, agree on the right one and deprecate the other.

- Someone believes it makes sense to make the distinction?

Let's discuss it and if we agree we document it and try to promote the
new scheme.

Until any of these options has happened I believe nobody can be blamed
for trying to keep the database clean.

Cheers,

Marcos (Mar Mar)