[Tagging] webpage=*

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Sat Mar 20 17:01:35 UTC 2021

Am 20.03.2021 um 14:56 schrieb Paul Allen:
> Everything you look at in a web browser that uses the https: scheme is a
> web page (neglecting some quirks like covert VPNs).  Whether we call it
> website=* or url=* or webaddress=* you land on a web PAGE. You don't
> land on a web site, even if it is website=example.com
> <http://example.com>, you land on a web
> page.  Many things other than web pages can be specified as URLs,
> such as phone numbers (if you use the query tool on standard carto to
> look at an obect with phone=*, the link given for the phone number is
> a tel: URL).

You're making a logical mistake, but basically I'd agree with you.First
of all, when you open a book (website) in your browser, you will see a
part, namely the first page - the cover - (webpage). You land on the
first webpage of the website, but only because you're browser can show
only one of the entire collection of webpages that is hidden behind the
website. Technically, there are also browsers that first show you a
sitemap of a website.But that's just what normal users don't use.

Overall, I would join Bert too: To finally meet for a single taggin. And
there I see for the normal address where I can reach an Internet
presence (whether as a single page or a huge website): webaddressURL &
website correspond to deprecaten and contact: website (for me then even
prefer contact: webadress) as a pure address for contact forms .....