[Tagging] Mapping nonexistent paths

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 22:32:52 UTC 2021

I think this issue is also addressed in the footway=link proposal:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:footway%3Dlink

For pedestrians, there are many places where an area is crossed while only
an entry point and an exit point exist. There may or may not be a physical
path. I count the presence of visible entry points and exit points as
verifiablity of the path that most pedestrians will take. On unpaved
surfaces, usually you can see a trail where most people walk, though it may
be weak or even disappear e.g. when it rains.

Peter Elderson