[Tagging] Mapping nonexistent paths

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:21:05 UTC 2021

And that is much appreciated ! But you didn't convince me yet. I am
still where we began, so far  no added value for any application in my
view, putting a lot of energy in writing a very nice proposal by the
way, but I'm afraid with little result, lot's of lost energy.
I mapped 37000 highways, 26000 waterways, use Maps.Me and OsmAnd as
routers, look at standard Carto renderings and many others and live in a
country where there are lots of "informal" and "organic" links and
highways.  Have build my own maps and routes in QGIS. Never felt I was
missing something in the routing concept of OSM neither noticed any
significant objection or need by the community to change it.  But still,
maybe we are all wrong or too narrow minded... we are open to new ideas
and concepts, welcome innovation.

But don't just focus on my opinion, it's just one in millions. If you
don't find consensus in this group, leave it as a documented tag in the
wiki and see if it becomes popular over time. Propose it again later if
it finds common ground.

Greetings,

Bert Araali