[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discouraging the use of deprecated schemes

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:17:35 UTC 2021

The whole deprecation thing depends on "community consensus". I don't think
a vote by the current selection of users on this mailing list is anywhere
near community consensus. Consequently, a vote here is not a good reason to
change the warning box. I also think it is not necessary. I am not opposed
to better wording, but I would certainly drop the phrase "highly
discouraged". It immediately prompts the question: highly discouraged, by
whom and by what authority?

Peter Elderson