[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:39:52 UTC 2021

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 21:27, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:

> IMHO this does not make sense when in a landuse=retail the parking lots
> are _within_ the landuse, and in case of landuse=cemetery they are not.

When I look at the retail parking of the four large supermarket-type
shops near me, their parking lots are owned and controlled by the
shops themselves.  The parking lot for Tesco is Tesco's property
and is controlled by Tesco, etc.

When I look at the parking associated with cemeteries near me, it
is public parking not owned or controlled by the cemetery and it
is outside the gates of the cemetery.

If the cemetery parking were within the cemetery itself then
I might map it the way you want to.  If the cemetery is allowed to
dig up public parking outside its gates and bury bodies there,
I'd map it the way you want to.  As far as I'm concerned, the
cemetery is where bodies are, or can be, buried.  Unless
you can park on graves, or bury bodies under the car park,
it's not part of the cemetery.

--
Paul