[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Mar 28 06:39:22 UTC 2021

Mar 27, 2021, 19:39 by f at zz.de:

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 03:43:02PM +0000, Paul Allen wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 at 15:26, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > What wording would you propose?
>> >

>> The outline of the area should include buildings and parking lots
>> that are within the boundaries (fences/hedges/walls) but exclude
>> parking lots that are outside of those boundaries.
>>
>> For bonus points, is it permissible or desirable to use multipolygons
>> to make parking areas within the boundaries not part of the landuse?
>> Discuss.
>>

> I don't think physical boundaries like hedges or fences are the correct
> wording. I have 2 cemeteries in mind which definitely don't have any
> fences, but the parking lot are definitely only for the cemetery (In lack
> of other buildings in vicinity).

Is parking considered to be part of cemetery grounds by local people?
Parking next to cemetery, solely for cemetery, owned by cemetery,
operate by cemetery may be nevertheless outside cemetery.

> I would propose something like this:
>
> "The outline should include all features which are build for or
> predominantly used by the cemetery like parking lots, chapels, tombs."

That is wrong and incorrect and wrong advise for many places,
as mentioned already in this thread.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.10191&mlon=19.98346#map=19/50.10191/19.98346
is not part of cemetery

this masonry making graves workshops are not part of cemetery
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.07506&mlon=19.95721#map=19/50.07506/19.95721

not-yet-mapped parking here is not part of cemetery
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.09484&mlon=19.87459#map=19/50.09484/19.87459