[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Mar 30 16:36:22 UTC 2021

Indeed it's common to be able to drive into a cemetery and park in the US.
The Fort Gibson National Cemetery has parking within a few meters of where
my father in law is interred.  There's roughly a break at the start of the
20th century on this, however; older cemeteries are generally fenced and
gated so that they're only accessible on foot.  More modern ones definitely
have some form of driveways internally that you can park along.

IIRC, Portland has two official bike routes passing through cemeteries on
these driveways largely owing to being a path of least resistence in an
especially NIMBY-towards-cyclists neighborhood.