[Tagging] healthcare=alternative + sport=yoga

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 20:32:13 UTC 2021

> There are also yoga classes for runners, cyclists and swimmers are at
>> the stretching end of strength and conditioning training. They're as
>> much sport=* as many other activities which one might do in a gym.
>>

> And yet the end goal is meditation, not physical fitness.  The physical
> activity is a means to an end, not an end in itself.

Speaking as a runner, yoga is something that runners do specifically for
strength and flexibility and not for some kind of mind-voodoo.  It actually
seems to help quite a bit.  Whoever described it as "sitting around" has no
idea what they're talking about and the poses can be quite difficult
(particularly for us gentlemen who for some reason seem to have a bit more
difficulty making our body parts do the required things).  I don't have an
opinion as to which tag it belongs to, but it certainly is a physical
fitness activity that fits in the same category as weight training,
aerobics classes, or "spinning" (indoor cycling on special bicycles).