[Tagging] Tagging water bodies areas in which water level

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun May 2 11:10:53 UTC 2021

On 2/5/21 12:43 am, Christoph Hormann wrote:
>> Saeed Hubaishan <hubaishan at outlook.sa> hat am 01.05.2021 16:10 geschrieben:
>>

>> Hi,
>> Water areas have many levels. So where to draw the area in low level of water or in high level.
>> The wiki is clear for coastline is the highest line the water reaches in normal circumstances. Is that same for water areas.
> No, the coastal water levels mainly vary with the tides on a daily basis, other waterbodies primarily have seasonal variations.

Some lakes have no season variation.

Some lakes/rivers/wetlands have a water level of 0 for many years. Zero,
absolutely no water.

The water is usually mapped as the maximum water level.

Exceptions? Flood levels are not mapped, so if the maximum water level
of a river is when it is in flood then that level is not mapped.

Rivers have simply been mapped in some parts of my location without
river banks, as those cannot really be determined.

For salt lakes - the extent of the salt is a fair marker for the maximum
water level.

Greetings Saeed from Australia - another land with deserts.