[Tagging] Who has the last word over the access tag?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 4 07:46:03 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 4 May 2021, at 01:19, Matija Nalis <mnalis-openstreetmaplist at voyager.hr> wrote:
>
> I was under impression that access=* marks legal permissions/restrictions,
> as defined by the current government (which would probably be defined as
> government that is accepted by majority of the world).

yes, access is about the legal situation, but unless you can convince the board that it is time for another extraordinary exception from the “constitution of osm”, the rules say that we look at the government that is actually controlling the territory, regardless of the percentage of its recognition by other countries.

Cheers Martin