[Tagging] Place of worship key - approved?

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Mon May 10 09:33:47 UTC 2021

Yes, thanks both, I recognise that. I actually updated the place_of_worship=* Wiki page (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:place_of_worship) a while back to remove issue.

The reason I was asking about this key is because the amenity=place_of_worship page already documents how to map places of worship inside larger buildings, without using the place_of_worship=* key. See: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dplace_of_worship#Buildings_and_open_areas (in fact place_of_worship=* isn't mentioned at all on that page).

Additionally, on the amenity=place_of_worship key's talk page it discusses using place_of_worship:type=* (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:amenity%3Dplace_of_worship#place_of_worship:type_.28Chapels.2C_Small_POWs.29) rather than place_of_worship=*

So the important part of my question was actually whether place_of_worship=* automatically becomes an accepted key, without a proposal, because a value for that key got approved.

Cheers.