[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Big Bench

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:00:18 UTC 2021

On Mon, 17 May 2021 at 14:30, Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:

> On 5/17/2021 5:52 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
> > the ones I know could be seen as benches, albeit not having human
> > dimensions they are intended to sit on and have a ladder to facilitate
> > climbing on them.
>
> So tag them as observation towers? (No, no really...)
>
> I'd go with tourism=attraction, attraction=oversized_furniture,
> brand=Big Bench, and optionally ref, name, inscription, material, colour...

OK

> And, for the ones that pass the bench "duck test" by being usable for
> seating, add amenity=bench as well.

OK, but this is not the case with the Big Benches that are the object of
the proposal., with the exception of normal-size Small Big Benches
<https://bigbenchcommunityproject.org/small-big-bench/>, which are for sale
by the non-profit Big Bench project.

To be clear:
An amenity=bench is an object on which people can sit down. If they need to
climb a ladder, or if any acrobatics are needed to reach it, they are not
amenity=bench.
If I make a map of amenity=bench locations I want to see only benches on
which a normal-size adult can sit down without problems.

Volker