[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Big Bench

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Tue May 18 09:54:41 UTC 2021

I think this is a good approach and is better than amenity.

From the Wiki pages:

Tourism: “Places and things of specific interest to tourists including places to see, places to stay, things and places providing information and support to tourists."
Amenity: “For describing useful and important facilities for visitors and residents. Facilities include for example toilets, telephones, banks, pharmacies, prisons and schools."

I don’t think a big bench is a useful or important facility, but may be a place of interest for tourists (e.g. for the views or for taking photos on).

As for falling under the tourism=artwork tag, it could do. There is already artwork_type=bench which I guess this may be for highly decorated benches. Big furniture doesn’t really seem like art to me but is, of course, highly subjective.

Also: could I suggest you modify the proposal to “big furniture” or something like that? I have seen giant chairs (rather than benches) and so including them in your scheme would be useful (i.e. giant_furniture=chair)

Cheers.