[Tagging] [How to tag a] Depot for sand, earth, and other bulk materials

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue May 18 10:51:37 UTC 2021

Many municipalities have a terrain designated for storage of sand, earth,
clay, cleaned or to-be-cleaned soil, and other bulk materials for building
and landscaping projects. Not for a particular project, but for all
municipal projects involving bulk materials going in and going out.

How to tag?

They are called depots, and I guess landuse=depot could include bulk
materials. It's not a big step from containers.

I am unsure about a suitable value for depot=*.

In Dutch, its is called a "grond-depot", that is "ground depot". Would
depot=ground be a reasonable tag? Seems too easy to be true...

Peter Elderson