[Tagging] [How to tag a] Depot for sand, earth, and other bulk materials

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue May 18 11:58:17 UTC 2021

May 18, 2021, 12:51 by pelderson at gmail.com:

> Many municipalities have a terrain designated for storage of sand, earth, clay, cleaned or to-be-cleaned soil, and other bulk materials for building and landscaping projects. Not for a particular project, but for all municipal projects involving bulk materials going in and going out.
>
> How to tag?
>
> They are called depots, and I guess landuse=depot could include bulk materials. It's not a big step from containers.
>
> I am unsure about a suitable value for depot=*.
>
> In Dutch, its is called a "grond-depot", that is "ground depot". Would depot=ground be a reasonable tag? Seems too easy to be true...

landuse=depot is a big mistake

Single tag for everything that can be called depot including tram depots, warehouses,
container depots, bus depots, aircraft boneyards, areas for storage of produced vehicles
and more - while adding one more landuse value.

I would tag such bulk material storage area as landuse=industrial + industrial=warehouse.

Or something completely new like man_made=bulk_storage